Your Way To Paradise, El Secreto Hotel
Traveling from the United States or Canada
The best option is to travel to Philip S W Goldson International Airport 9 miles from Belize City. Some flights depart from the following cities: Atlanta, Charlotte, Chicago, Dallas, Houston, Miami, Newark and Los Angeles.
Once in Belize City you can take a connecting flight to San Pedro (SPR) with Tropic Air or Maya Island Air.
El Secreto offers transfer service from/to Philip SW Goldson’s International Airport (BZE) with a cost of $197 USD plus taxes per person, round trip. It includes an 18 minute flight to San Pedro and a private boat shuttle to El Secreto (Note that the shuttle service is subject to a scheduled boat itinerary)
Traveling from Mexico
You should travel to Chetumal (CTM) Airport. Cross the Mexico – Belize border to Corozal’s Airstrip where you can take a flight to San Pedro (SPR) with Tropic Air or Maya Island Air.
Please note that the last flight from Belize city – San Pedro or Corozal – San Pedro departs at 5:00pm. Take this in consideration when you book your flight to Belize city or Chetumal.
El Secreto offers transfer service from/to Chetumal Mexico airport with a cost of $219 USD plus taxes per person, round trip. It includes a 18 minute flight to San Pedro and a private boat shuttle to El Secreto (Note that the shuttle service is subject to a scheduled boat itinerary)
Entry / Exit Requirements
- All Travelers must have a valid passport for at least six months from the date of arrival in Belize and proof of an onward or return ticket.
- No visas are required for citizens of the United States, Canada, Mexico, and EEC ( Economic European Community) and CARICOM ( Caribbean Community member States) for tourist visits of up to 30 days, but they must have onward or return air tickets and proof of sufficient funds to maintain themselves in Belize.
- All tourists and non-Belizean citizens are required to pay an exit fee of U.S. $39.25. As of October 2010, all U.S. airlines include this fee in the price of the ticket.
- At the land borders, U.S. citizens are charged U.S. $15 if their stay was less than 24 hours and U.S. $18.75 if the stay was more than 24 hours.
- Belize allows visitors a maximum of one month’s stay in the country before they require an extension obtained through the Belize Ministry of Defense and Immigration. No specific immunizations are required for visitors to Belize.
Please check with your embassy transfers for any updates on visa requirements before traveling.